[LRUG] I Love Ruby

Alex alex.sunderland at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 00:42:00 PDT 2013

If that is indeed the case, it would be better to phrase it as such. Much
better to say as a positive point "we have a diverse development team, and
are committed to promoting diversity in the ruby community" rather than "we
have female devs".

If you phrase it so the presence of female devs is equivalent to beer on
tap and chocolate eclairs, people will reasonably assume you're saying the
presence of women is a prize for the new developers, which is a sentiment
that isn't welcome, as you've seen.

Alex

On Jul 16, 2013 8:19 AM, "Richard Green" <richard at evvnt.com> wrote:

> We simply welcome female developers and indeed developers from all
nationalities. Mostly to date the developer world does feel very male.