[LRUG] Rules :( [was: Re: [JOB] - Kainos - (UK Gov Digital Projects) - Entreprise Open Source Software Engineers/WebOps/Technical Architects(Perm) - All levels]

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 04:32:10 PDT 2013

Thanks Niklas!

These rules seem like a good starting point.  Then again, so do these that
a friend found at his toddler's play group:
http://instagram.com/p/b0gj8oQ2wZ/

It's embarrassing that we need to be reminded to act like adults because
things have consequences, but it would seem that we do.  This list isn't a
youtube comment thread and you aren't anonymous so don't act like you are.

I've got a message to the list brewing about fixing the toxic behaviour
that we're apparently all fine and dandy with.  I probably won't get it
written today; real life and my job are interfering, but this is on my mind
and I do want to try and fix things (not on my own, I need all of you to
help).  It's not cool that our mailing list has a reputation of being
incredibly spiky and aggressive.

Muz