[LRUG] Idempotency vs the cloud

Frederick Cheung frederick.cheung at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 06:51:29 PDT 2013

You can (apparently) now stream the mysql bin log from your rds instance, which is I think all you really need for replication. I've seen a few blog posts[1] that claim to show how to use this to setup replication although I've only given them a very cursory glance. You also have to be running the very latest and greatest mysql 5.6

Fred

[1] http://www.ruempler.eu/2013/07/07/replicating-aws-rds-mysql-databases-to-external-slaves/