[LRUG] Pair programming events on Tuesday AND Wednesday

Sam Livingston-Gray geeksam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 09:15:04 PDT 2013

Wemux is really just some shell scripts that take care of launching
tmux with the proper configs and command lines.  As such, it's quite
simple to use:

1) Install wemux
2) Get pubkeys and create user accounts for pair partner(s)
3) The host types 'wemux'
4) Pair partner(s) SSH to their own user accounts on the box and, once
in, type 'wemux pair'.

I've had as many as 17 people in a /(we|t)mux/ session -- it was a fun
stunt at the end of a conf talk about remote pairing.  We weren't
trying to actually accomplish anything (other than to maybe crash the
EC2 node or the venue wifi), but tmux kept up quite nicely.

For a slightly more elaborate version of the above checklist, I've
written some "pre-flight checklists":

For hosts: https://github.com/livingsocial/ls-pair#howto-host-a-session-on-your-computer
For guests: https://github.com/livingsocial/ls-pair#howto-join-a-session-on-someone-elses-computer

-Sam (Portlandia- and carbon-based)