[LRUG] Rules :( [was: Re: [JOB] - Kainos - (UK Gov Digital Projects) - Entreprise Open Source Software Engineers/WebOps/Technical Architects(Perm) - All levels]

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Wed Jul 17 05:55:01 PDT 2013

On 17 July 2013 12:09, Niklas Richardson <niklas at kyan.com> wrote:

> Can we quit the snarky emails? There's been nothing but noise over the
> last few days.

I heartily agree to this. Although - I tend to think it'd be preferable for
those of use who are bored of the snark to lead by example by being
more active with good topics to drive out the bad (and judging by the
number of interesting, relevant topics going on today, I'd guess others
agree), rather than by enforcing a strict code of behaviour with
moderation / banning, as a means to  hopefully push the level of discourse
here in a more positive direction.

Having said that though, the linked rules (both the HN ones and the
playgroup ones) certainly seem like an entirely reasonable set of
guidelines to follow.

Thanks