[LRUG] [Job] Software Developer (Ruby on Rails)

Matthew Ford matt at bitzesty.com
Mon Jul 15 07:38:14 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

We're looking to hire a developer on a full time basis, you can see the
kind of work we do on our site (http://bitzesty.com/), I'll be at LRUG for
a chat if you're interested.

What we are hoping for:

As a ‘full-stack’ software developer you will be responsible for building
web applications using Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML and CSS. Your role
will involve building back-end web services in Rails, writing automated
tests that conform to user stories, front-end JavaScript and integrating
HTML/CSS.

What you should have:

   -

   Experience developing with Ruby on Rails.
   -

   Knowledge of SQL (MySQL or PostgreSQL).
   -

   Passion for technology.
   -

   Good communication skills.

What would be an advantage:

   -

   3 + years software development experience.
   -

   Experience building scalable web applications.
   -

   Excellent knowledge of JavaScript, HTML & CSS.
   -

   Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
   -

   University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related
   subject.

What we offer:

   -

   Friendly environment.
   -

   Central London location (Kings Cross).
   -

   Interesting work within a highly skilled team.
   -

   Salary £30,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.

I'll be at LRUG for a chat if you're interested. Alternatively email a
short message about yourself with link to your github account and CV to
jobs at bitzesty.com.

We would appreciate if recruitment agencies would not contact us as we are
only hiring directly. Many thanks.

--

Matthew Ford

Bit Zesty