[LRUG] Idempotency vs the cloud

Jon Wood jon at ninjagiraffes.co.uk
Wed Jul 17 07:14:32 PDT 2013

How do you find the performance and reliability from EBS? I avoided it
whilst building out our EC2 deployment because I'd heard a lot about how it
can become a bottleneck, and can be vulnerable to failures.

However, the ability to snapshot volumes would seem to outweigh those
drawbacks if they're not a problem in practice. Who knows, maybe I should
just spin up another instance running on EBS and see how it performs.