[LRUG] [JOBS] Would anyone like to help Teach Monsters to Read?

Antonio antonio at teachyourmonstertoread.com
Fri Jun 14 08:01:26 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some development support on this project:
http://teachyourmonstertoread.com

It's a free game to help children with reading, set up by a charity
founded by Peter Usborne (from Usborne Publishing). The product is
doing really well, has a solid and expanding user base and has won a
number of awards and commendations.

The web-based part of the system is built in Rails and is fairly
straightforward - it generally deals with teacher and children
accounts, passwords and so on plus a few other bits and pieces.

I’m looking for someone to take over development of this system and
help us add and refine the functionality. It has quite a few people
using it so I’m looking for someone reliable.

Ideally someone who’s got basic front end skills would be great too -
and someone that’s into their UX a little is always great.

It’s not a huge amount of work - probably a day or two a month by my
estimation - and the best thing is we’re really flexible on timings so
it would suit someone who’s looking to fill in a bit of time here and
there.

Note that I’m based in London - I’d be happy to work remote as long as
there could be an occasional meet in person.

If anyone’s interested please get in touch with me at
antonio at teachyourmonstertoread.com.

All the best,

Antonio
Producer: Teach Your Monster to Read