[LRUG] Rendering maintenance pages?

Artan Sinani artisinani at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 03:54:31 PDT 2013

You could also use the page_cache, which it'll render the HTML in the
public folder. You still have the ErrorsController with only one action
'show', which will render the view with the same file name as the id. Eg.
error/404 will render views/errors/404.html.erb. You can then trigger the
page_cache as part of your deploy.

Rails 4 is moving away from page_cache, but I think it works well for
production static but development dynamic pages.

Artan