[LRUG] Rendering maintenance pages?

Simon Morley simon at polkaspots.com
Wed Jun 26 07:51:49 PDT 2013

This should probably ease you on your way:

http://railscasts.com/episodes/373-zero-downtime-deployment

I think there's a bit about maintenance pages.

On 26 June 2013 15:47, Joel Chippindale <joel.chippindale at gmail.com> wrote:

> LRUG'ers can I tap into your collective wisdom?
>
> I have a Rails app where I would like to use templates from the app to
> render a 503 maintenance page each time I deploy, perhaps with a rake task,
> so that the page can be served statically by my web server when my app is
> down for maintenance.
>
> Is there a nice easy way of using Rails to do this? If not, what do you do?
>
> J.

Simon Morley
King Bee | PolkaSpots Supafly Wi-Fi

simon at PolkaSpots.com
020 7183 1471

Follow our updates on twitter: twitter.com/polkaspots
Try Wi-Fi As A Service (WaaS) here: http://bit.ly/15UymJ8

The information contained in this email and its attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended only for the named addressees and may not be disclosed to anyone else without consent from PolkaSpots Limited. If you are not the named addressee you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on the contents of this email and should destroy it immediately. Whilst PolkaSpots Limited takes care to protect its systems from electronic virus attack or other harmful event, the firm gives no warranty that this email message (including any attachments to it) is free of any virus or other harmful matter and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the recipient receiving, opening or using it. If you need any further information, please contact the originator of this message on +44 (0) 20 7183 1471.

PolkaSpots Limited is registered in the UK, number 05508105. Registered Office: 62 Britton Street (behind the bike sheds), Clerkenwell, London EC1M 5UY

Website: polkaspots.com
WiFi Shop: shop.polkaspots.com
Blog: polkaspots.com/blog