[LRUG] LRUG at QCon Thursday March 7th

JB Steadman jb at pivotallabs.com
Fri Mar 1 03:31:00 PST 2013

Hey, LRUG is hitting the road next Thursday evening, all the way across
town. We're hosting a special edition meetup in conjunction with the QCon
conference. The event starts at 6:30 at the The Queen Elizabeth II
Conference Centre.

Program details are below. If you'd like to join, please sign up using
this attractive
web form <http://goo.gl/VNMwD>.

We're looking for a couple other panelists to take question from the
audience - let me know if you're interested.

In accordance with LRUG bylaws, we'll have beer & food at the event, and
hit the pub afterwards. Hope to see some of you there!

For London's enthusiastic Ruby community, LRUG stands for FUN. Join us at
QCon for beers, lightning talks, and fresh insight from local and
international Ruby experts.

Damon Davison <https://twitter.com/Allolex> of New
Bamboo<http://new-bamboo.co.uk/>will explain why Ruby is the perfect
match for independent creatives. In
his former life as CTO of an independent record label, Damon chose Ruby to
balance coding efficiency with practical concerns like finding developers
to hire while keeping with his business' DIY spirit.

Next, QCon speaker Robbie Clutton asks "Have you ever seen a red build and
said 'oh it's just that flaky test'?" He'll show how his Quarantine Build
strategy will help you regain confidence in your build and get you back to
green.

Finally, join a discussion with thoughtful London Ruby developers about
Ruby's future and its place in the enterprise. Among the panelists will be
Gareth Rushgrove, who's speaking Wednesday at QCon about his pioneering
work deploying portable cloud solutions for GOV.UK <http://gov.uk/>.