[LRUG] [JOBS] Another company needing Ruby Devs

Steve Buckley sbuckley at globalpersonals.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 08:30:09 PDT 2013

Hey folks

As the title suggests, we're on the lookout for Rubyists, specifically those who frequent LRUG.

We sponsored a recent LRUG event (by sponsor, I mean we stuck a big wedge of cash behind the bar) and successfully hired someone as a direct result, who has already had an obvious impact since starting recently so we plan on getting you lot drunk again in the near future.

Our company is expanding pretty rapidly and we're looking to add to our team of 20+ developers. Realistically we are looking to add at least three more Ruby Engineers over the next month or two.
You'd be hard pushed to find another environment where you get to work on such a range of challenges. Everything from everyday web development, through to full on engineering on our RabbitMQ based email system that pushes out millions of mails every single day.

We'll happily stick you into our London office next to Waterloo Station if that's your preference or you can make the trip out to our HQ in Windsor, we really don't mind.

You can find a full job spec here: http://globalpersonals.theresumator.com/apply/3BSEPp/Ruby-Engineer.html
You can find more info about who we are and what the company does here: http://globalpersonals.co.uk/about-us/
You can also check out our tech blog here: http://globaldev.co.uk/blog/ (our ruby 2.0.0 post was linked in the official 2.0.0 release notes)

Feel free to email me or call me directly if you'd rather not apply on our site or if you just want to find out more about the role or the company.

We are obviously looking for permanent employees ideally however we will happily hire contractors provided you have something decent to show off on your github/bitbucket.
I'm afraid we don't offer remote working opportunities at the moment.

NOTICE TO AGENCY RECRUITERS: I know you're reading this and I couldn't care less how amazing your 'exclusive candidate' is. If you send me an unsolicited CV then I will consider it a free gift. If you email or call me to tell me how spectacularly wonderful and unique you and/or your company is, then you'll be wasting your time and mine as we have no want nor desire to engage with agencies regardless of how many rockstars or ninjas you claim to have on your books.

That is all.

Steve Buckley
Tech Recruitment Manager @globaldev
P: 	01753 271289
M:	07538 647117

--

Global Personals is a limited company registered in England and Wales.

Registered number: 04880697

Registered office: Minton Place, Victoria Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4
1EG, United Kingdom