[LRUG] [JOBS] placr.co.uk - Small start-up working with open transport data

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 06:41:12 PDT 2013

I enjoyed LRUG again last night, but chatting to people there about hiring ruby developers, I'm coming to realise it may be quite difficult. Even so, I think we're offering an exciting opportunity here. Take a look and feel free to pass this on to anyone who might fit the bill.

placr.co.uk are a small start-up with 3/4 people, based at the Open Data Institute (lively and very stylish incubator office in Shoreditch)  We're working with, and campaigning for, open transport data as we build TransportAPI.com. This is a ruby on rails app importing large complex timetable dataset, while aggregating high volume feeds of live transport data from a variety of sources, and putting out the data in a more elegant sanitised bite-sized json/HTML formatted RESTful way. Challenging but fun!

Having just got funding, we're looking to hire a pro-rubyist who we can learn a thing or two from, and ideally this would be on a temp to perm basis (but, given the scarcity of such people, we are considering other options)

If a ruby transport open data opportunity interests you at all, take a look at the details here:

http://placr.co.uk/jobs.php

...and feel free to reply to me directly with any questions

(no agencies)

Harry Wood