[LRUG] [JOBS] Forward Labs is hiring Ruby devs in London

Steve Buckley sbuckley at globalpersonals.co.uk
Fri Mar 15 03:02:39 PDT 2013

Are we seriously going to resort to this?
A person used the wrong pronoun. He didn't break any employment laws or even come remotely close to doing so.
Shall we get into an ageism discussion about the number of job listings that stipulate '3+ years experience' which is a clear breach of employment law guidelines also?

We're adults, most of us are logical adults at that. Let's not jump on a bandwagon over a harmless and innocent oversight.

Steve

On 15 Mar 2013, at 09:54, Timothy Benest <thb at taskforce.co.uk> wrote:

> Worth Looking at
>
> Sex Discrimination - http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1814
>
> Equality Act - http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3017
>
> if you are an employer, or potential employer.

> On 15 March 2013 07:54, Hemal Kuntawala <hemal.kuntawala at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ps - by "chaps" I naturally meant "people". Thanks to the person who pointed that out.
>

> On 15 March 2013 07:42, Hemal Kuntawala <hemal.kuntawala at gmail.com> wrote:
> Morning lrug,
>
> We (Forward Labs) are hiring Ruby devs and we'd like to hire smart chaps from the lrug community.
>
> What is Forward Labs?
> We put entrepreneurs and developers together and use lean startup techniques to test and create new businesses. We've got businesses in various stages and we're looking for full-stack Ruby devs to help them reach their potential. We're based in Camden.
>
> (What we are not)
> (We’re not a VC, incubator or accelerator; we invest in people, not their ideas. Everyone we hire tries multiple ideas through building, measuring and learning).
>
> What we're looking for
> Do you...
> - have a track record of making amazing things happen on the front and back-end of a web stack
> - use open-source languages, frameworks and tools like Ruby (Rails), JS (Node, Backbone)
> - know your active record from your ActiveRecord
> - contribute to open-source projects
> - have a side project that you're really, really proud of
> - believe in XP, Agile techniques and lean startup principles for getting things done?
>
> If so we'd love to hear from you. You can apply via the form on our site, or reply and say hello. Feel free to ask any questions you might have too, maybe we can grab a coffee/cocktail.
>
> No recruiters please.
>
> Thanks for reading :)
>

> Hemal

> --
> Regards
> Timothy Benest
> Managing Director
> Taskforce Systems Ltd (Jersey)
> Taskforce Research Limited (UK)
> <http://www.taskforce.co.uk/contact>
> <http://www.taskforce.co.uk/thbgpg.html>

Steve Buckley
Technical Recruitment Manager @globaldev
P: 	01753 271289
M:	07538 647117

--

Global Personals is a limited company registered in England and Wales.

Registered number: 04880697

Registered office: Minton Place, Victoria Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4
1EG, United Kingdom