[LRUG] Reading a "large" spreadsheet

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Fri Mar 15 06:53:02 PDT 2013

On 15 Mar 2013, at 14:47, David Burrows wrote:
> One of the tricks i've used lately with temperamental Excel files is importing them into Google Docs and then exporting back from there. Fixes no end of problems including some weird Excel encoding problems.

An interesting idea but I'm not sure I can do that programatically.

> Is there any reason your not just using CSV?

Yes – I don't have any control over the spreadsheet generation.  My customer is sent the spreadsheet by one of their suppliers; they (my customer) then uploads it into my webapp which reads the spreadsheet and extracts the data.

Thanks,
Andy