[LRUG] Reporting for Duty!

Najaf Ali ali at happybearsoftware.com
Mon Mar 18 01:58:09 PDT 2013

Dearest LRUG,

For those of you I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting, I am a web
application developer with nearly seven years of experience building things
on the internets. You can find out more about me at my company website
(linked below, but read this email first!)

Here are some of the things I can do for you:

* Create web applications with Ruby/Rails.
* Refactor your big ball o' mud Rails application into libraries/services.
* Automate your infrastructure with your tools of choice (Chef, Puppet,
Babushka, bash, a Turing-complete system of pulleys etc).
* Build thick-client (Java|Coffee)script applications with our without a
popular framework.
* Eliminate trivially exploitable security vulnerabilities in your software.

We will work well together if you and your team...

* Are set up to work remotely and comfortable communicating over the
internet (Skype/Email/#{your favourite tool}).
* Think that putting working software in front of real-life users is more
important than index cards on a whiteboard.
* Value talking to each other, working together and JFDI more than process
like SCRUM & Kanban.
* Realize that 'scope' of software projects always and continuously
changes, and that's OK.

>From the beginning of April I will be available for remote freelance work
on a time and materials basis. If it sounds like we're a good fit and you
would like to work with me, please get in touch at this email address.

Cheers,

-Ali, http://happybearsoftware.com

P.S. I'm doing a talk at the next LRUG meeting about how to make your Rails
applications more secure. Go see it and come say hello afterwards!