[LRUG] opal-rails

Riccardo Tacconi rtacconi at gmail.com
Sat May 4 04:33:19 PDT 2013

Thanks for your reply,

What you say makes sense. I am not much interested of querying a DB from
the views, but I think that web development is becoming more complex since
we write applications using a backend framework, Rails, and a frontend JS
framework. Using the same language could make things easier, but I fear
Opal could bring more cons than pros.

ClojureScript is an interesting option, I will have a look. I was looking
for an equivalent of CoffeScript and I found Opal, but it does not seems
the same thing.

Ideally I would like to see in the future another letter added to MVC,
where we could have a declarative code to make our apps having similar
features of frontend frameworks. It is a bit difficult to me to explain
what I mean in a clear way.