[LRUG] ADVICE

Paul Battley pbattley at gmail.com
Fri May 24 08:29:23 PDT 2013

I don't hate recruiters, but most of the contact I get from them is
just a waste of time. The vast majority of emails I'm sent are low on
information and high on hyperbole: the only content is often "there is
a job". But I *know* there's a job. There are lots of jobs around!
Tell me why I might be interested. "Salary up to £X", or puffery like
"exciting company" doesn't tell me anything.

I'm also astonished by the number of recruiters who try to push
communications to phone calls. It makes me wonder if they've met many
developers.

On the other hand, I just received an email from a recruiter with
several relevant, concrete specs attached. That's much more useful.
Unfortunately for him, I'm not in the market!

Paul.