[LRUG] June June June June (June)

Paul Robinson paul at 32moves.com
Tue May 28 15:30:20 PDT 2013

On 28 May 2013, at 19:10, Chris Parsons <chris.p at rsons.org> wrote:

> Nice Murray. I henceforth expect all emails from you to be written in this way.

Just be careful in encouraging this behaviour. The trend to start using acrostics, iambic pentameter and poetry when announcing meetings can be highly addictive for the organiser.

Unusually (for example), I sent out an invite for the Manchester BSD Group Christmas meet in 2008 that was a 10 verse tribute to "Twas the Night Before Christmas", naming many of the regular attendees and including a verse wishing death upon the staff of PC World.

Noticed just now checking the archives that I sent it at 8:35am, so I'm guessing I was probably still a bit tipsy from the night before...

Each to their own, but I'd hazard caution on this front, as it can become quite catching.