[LRUG] [JOBS] Lead dev at KeepMeBooked

Bruce Greig bruce at keepmebooked.com
Wed May 8 03:26:49 PDT 2013

*

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a lead Ruby dev for my business,
KeepMeBooked<http://www.keepmebooked.com/>.
Salary c.£65k.

KeepMeBooked is a web app for accommodation owners (B&Bs, guesthouses,
etc.). It replaces the paper diary which most of these owners still use. It
lets them manage their bookings, take online bookings, and distribute their
availability to places like Expedia.

I've built it so far using some great Ruby devs in Indonesia. It is
comfortably profitable and growing steadily, but was not doing anything
super-exciting ...

... until a nudge from some friends in the holiday rentals industry got me
looking at that sector (villas, cottages, etc.) rather than the
B&B/guesthouse sector. For reasons I won’t bore you with (yet), the
opportunity in holiday rentals looks to be dramatically larger than in the
B&B / guesthouse sector.

I've got a plan to reach those holiday rental owners, funding to implement
it, and am building a little team in London now. If things work out we
could quickly scale by two orders of magnitude, so I need a lead dev to:

- Work with me, the new PM and existing devs in Indonesia to refocus the
product on the holiday rentals sector

- Implement TDD & devops practices

- Make sure everything is rock-solid for rapid scaling

- Take responsibility for all things tech in the business (no plans for a
CTO yet, so you'd be the most senior technical person)

Salary: around £65k + possibility of options

Location: Central London

Perks: No pension, no health cover, but you'll get a nice MacBook Pro, and
funding to go to conferences. Plus you'll get to work in a start-uppy
environment, but with a clear business model and solid funding and genuine
prospect of an exciting, successful ride.

If you are interested, please reply with CV/LinkedIn profile, and link to
your github / blog / etc.

Here's my LinkedIn page: www.linkedin.com/in/brucegreig

Thanks for reading.

Bruce Greig