[LRUG] ADVICE

Steve Buckley sbuckley at globalpersonals.co.uk
Wed May 29 05:03:45 PDT 2013

Anon,

There are a number of reasons why I asked for any follow-up discussion to be taken off this mailer and the factual inconsistencies in your response are one of the primary factors.
Global Personals made the decision to eliminate this particular practice over four years ago, years before any exposé by any media outlet.
I could spend the entire day describing in immense detail the amount of time and effort Global has invested into cleaning up the dating industry but again, it's simply not relevant to this group.

If any LRUG member has been considering applying to work for us or has blacklisted us as a result of this particular chain of emails then I wholeheartedly encourage you to give me a shout, in private, and allow me the opportunity to tell our side of the story. If, after said discussion, you still consider Global a morally reprehensible company then so be it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'd simply rather those opinions were based on facts rather than assumptions of guilt.

Steve

On 29 May 2013, at 11:55, Anon lrugdev <anonlrugdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I am a single father who signed up via a Global Personals affiliate site a couple of years back. Over the course of approximately 9 months I entered into long term communication with two women who made excuses not to meet up and both abruptly disappeared at exactly the same time.
>
> When I was made privy to the piece that CH4 had done on you I literally felt sick. I had shared very personal details with these corporate avatars and they had given me months of false hope. I felt exploited and utterly humiliated.  Had it been anything else I would have been very vocal and public on the matter but due to the immensely embarrassing nature of the incident I have been forced to privately bare the humiliation without recompense.
>
> I really don't care how you attempt to spin things for Global Personals, from my experience any company which in the past has engaged in such levels of moral corruption is unlikely to have changed, especially given that it took exposure by mainstream media to get you to stop such depraved practices rather then amending morally indefensible actions on your own volition.
>
> Anon.

Steve Buckley
Technical Recruitment Manager @globaldev
P: 	01753 271289
M:	07538 647117

--

Global Personals is a limited company registered in England and Wales.

Registered number: 04880697

Registered office: Minton Place, Victoria Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4
1EG, United Kingdom