[LRUG] Statesman

Andrew Appleton andysapple at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 02:10:59 PDT 2013

Hi LRUG,

We (GoCardless) released a Statesman[1], a new state machine gem, on Monday.

I was wondering if there's any interest in a quick introduction talk? You can find out why I think it's worth building yet another state machine by taking a look at the blog post[2].

The key feature is that it separates the state machine into a different object, which can be composed with one or more models. Conversely, this also allows you to selectively apply different state machines to the same type of model.

We've found it incredibly useful and I'd love to share the story of how and why we built it with you.

Andy Appleton

[1] https://github.com/gocardless/statesman
[2] https://gocardless.com/blog/statesman/