[LRUG] [JOBS] Challenging contract & perm roles

Steve Buckley sbuckley at globalpersonals.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 03:00:36 PST 2013

Hey folk

Been a while since I've harassed you with a [JOBS] update so this will hopefully placate you.

Globaldev are on the hunt again for new team members. Our current focus is growing our London team as we are about to move into an incredible new office on the doorstep of Covent Garden. As a result we have a lot more space and a bunch of new projects coming up to warrant adding at least 5 new Ruby Engineers and a handful of Rails Developers. There's always room in our Windsor HQ if that's more geographically appropriate.

Quite a lot has changed here over the last 6 months or so. We're about 3 months into a significant agile transformation so (thankfully) there are no more huge, lengthy tedious projects to deal with and our sprint teams have been handling the transition brilliantly.
Currently all areas of our platform are under focus including security, billing, user experience, and mobile. What you may not know about us is the scale of the challenge here.

Our platform powers over 12,000 websites worldwide and sees 11.1M unique visitors per day. 10,000 RabbitMQ messages per second is pretty standard and we're currently dealing with over 800M member-to-member interactions over the last 3 months alone.

Money
I get it, money isn't everything but the issue with a lot of these [JOBS] emails is that it's very difficult to decipher what a company is willing to pay for the right person. So, here's what we're willing to pay:

Permanent: £35,000 - £60,000 per annum. The exact amount depends on what you ask for and whether or not it's appropriate for your experience.
Contract: Up to £400 per day. Again, all based on experience.

If you look at everyone we've hired over the last 12 months, almost all were offered what they asked for and one or two were offered a little bit more as we felt they were undervaluing themselves. As it stands we've made offers to approximately 40% of the people we've interviewed during that time so hopefully that will quell any suspicion that we're desperate for staff for whatever reason. We have an exceptional team here and we're not willing to compromise on that calibre purely for the sake of putting bums on seats.

If you are interested, send me your CV and ideally links to your github/bitbucket repos.

That's my lot. I promise you won't hear any more [JOBS] posts from me again until after xmas at least.

PS: Recruiters: Please don't call. We don't want or need your help. Any unsolicited CV sent by an agency will be considered an early xmas gift.

Steve Buckley
Tech Recruitment Manager @globaldev
P: 	01753 271289
M:	07538 647117

--

Global Personals is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 04880697.