[LRUG] Available for a new contract starting in January

Gerhard Lazu gerhard at lazu.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 05:17:06 PST 2013

Having fostered a team of incredibly talented software craftsmen at Cambridge
Healthcare <http://cambridgehealthcare.com/>, the time has come to look for
a new challenge.

Over the past few years, my focus has been on gradually re-architecting
monoliths into small, nimble applications. I have a soft spot for the Clean
Architecture and have put into production a few
Entities-Boundaries-Interactors applications. They range from simple proxy
services to a full-blown central authentication and authorization system.

I have a strong devops background, primarily with
Chef<https://github.com/gchef>,
but also quickly growing Ansible experience. I have architected, setup and
managed a few infrastructures on both AWS and bare-metal. Understanding how
things work to the last detail is one of my strongest traits, hardware and
infrastructure just happens to be the perfect playground for it. You can
find out more about my Continuous Delivery with Docker and
Jenkins<http://blog.howareyou.com/post/65048170054/continuous-delivery-with-docker-and-jenkins-part-ii>
 interests.

The past year put me on the other side of interviews and proved that I can
foster an amazing
team<http://blog.howareyou.com/post/62900648930/our-company-ethos>.
I will be honest, complete trust and support from the business made all the
difference. Once the team became strong enough, making the hiring process a
team effort was a decision that will pay dividends for the foreseeable
future.

CVs from past years that have served me well:
2009<http://000acf06eafc4563f1f3-3a29c32264052a1d548d953349af8d64.r68.cf1.rackcdn.com/gerhard-lazu-2009.pdf>
, 2010<http://000acf06eafc4563f1f3-3a29c32264052a1d548d953349af8d64.r68.cf1.rackcdn.com/gerhard-lazu-2010.pdf>
 & 2011<http://000acf06eafc4563f1f3-3a29c32264052a1d548d953349af8d64.r68.cf1.rackcdn.com/gerhard-lazu-2011.pdf>.
I can provide an updated CV if required, but would prefer an open
conversation instead. I am a strong believer in pairing
sessions<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obcl-t5GID4>, or
half/full days solving real problems. I will give extra consideration to
the prospects that share the same vision.

Looking forward to it, Gerhard.

*NOTE TO RECRUITERS: **Please do not contact me and do not offer my
services to any company or individual. I am asking you nicely.*