[LRUG] [JOBS] Pact Coffee is looking for a Ruby/Rails developer

Tony To tony at pactcoffee.com
Wed Nov 6 07:42:32 PST 2013

Hi LRUGers,

I’m Tony and I head up Product and Technology at Pact Coffee.

At Pact we’re passionate about making our customers’ lives better. It’s not
just about amazing coffee (though that is pretty key!) but the whole
customer experience.

We roast fresh coffee, grind it to your brew method and then send it with
your first class post. The coffee is always shipped within 7 days if
roasting, and it fits through your post box.

As we’ve grown, we’ve faced new challenges. We moved into our first
Grown-Up Office back in February, when a busy day meant sending 25 bags of
coffee after a looong queue at the Post Office. We’re now regularly sending
500 before the first collection at 3:30pm, and are growing faster than ever.

The users’ overall experience is critical to us. It’s not just about the
technology and fancy pixels. We talk about how a feature will affect Janice
and Kevin. The user is always in the forefront of our thinking and at Pact
we engage with our community through our user forum (support.pactcoffee.com)
and twitter @pactcoffee.

We are looking for developers; someone who is as excited by our journey as
we are, and wants to come along for the road trip. We work in a small agile
team, taking full ownership of each feature from idea to production. We
also respect each other enough to give honest feedback.

The perfect person is:

   - Not looking for a normal job - We all pitch in where we can to help
   one another, so you’ll find yourself talking to customers, testing out new
   ideas, packing coffee, delivering coffee and loads more.
   - Looking for a challenge - We like to push boundaries in everything we
   do
   - Able to write clean, readable, testable code
   - Experienced in Rails, Ruby, TDD/BDD, Javascript, AWS
   - Customer focused and can empathise with them (bonus if you’re a Pact
   Subscriber)
   - Analytical in their decision making but can come up with experiments
   to answer questions

If this sounds exciting to you, please get in touch (tony at pactcoffee.com)
I'll also be there at this months meeting, so just grab me.

Best,
Tony

P.S. You can use the voucher code “tonysentme” for £10 credit if you want
to try us out