[LRUG] Ruby as a second language

Jack Bolles jack.bolles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 10:29:16 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm looking to pair with someone who knows the Ruby Way, and can help me
get competent in the language and building web apps.

I've done the Ruby Koans and the like and I don't need code academy to
learn programming. I'm an experienced back-end (mostly messaging) dev
(java, c#, played with others) looking to up my game in the web space.

I learn better when I'm working on a project, pairing with someone. I'm
looking for someone(s) to meet up with regularly (1-2x week) for a
couple hours of pairing. Nights or weekends, yours or mine. In a post
code that starts with 'EC' would be ideal.

If you want to work on your project - pet or professional, I can offer
strong OO skills and strong product owner/mgmt skills in exchange for
your time (and patience). Otherwise, I have a few ideas for small
projects that we could build.

If this sounds interesting, please reply to me directly.

Thanks,
Jack