[LRUG] [JOBS] Tech Lead/Co-Founder - Community Food SocEn

Bex Clarke info at cookhoods.org
Tue Oct 15 05:21:34 PDT 2013

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of setting up a community food based social enterprise called CookHoods, and I'm looking for an committed Tech Lead/Co-Founder with lots of Ruby experience and a good eye for UX to come and join us.

This is largely to apply for a really exciting high profile social accelerator Bethnal Green Ventures which runs from Jan 2014 - March 2014 if we are successful. It's the last week of interviews, So please reply to the info address if you think you're the one!

A bit more about BGV

- Applications close on Oct 28th!

- Interviews are 19th-21st Nov

-If we are successful we receive 15K and they take 6% equity

- It's funded by Nesta

-You do need to be based in London

A bit more about CookHoods

"CookHoods is the new way to empower home cooks to sell their homemade edible goodies and fresh produce to their hungry neighbours"

CookHoods is a new social enterprise, reconnecting communities with their neighbours through real food made from scratch and locally grown produce, using tech and offline community engagement.

-We believe in creating positive, local solutions to counter the status quo of the current food system - oil intensive, faceless, with lengthy supply chains, deceptive marketing and a diminishing variety of produce.

-Our enterprise aims to bring communities closer together through homemade food, made from scratch; while encouraging skill sharing, providing a supplementary income for the underemployed, reducing isolation and championing a key life skill for health and wellbeing

Cheers,

Bex Clarke, Founding Director, CookHoods

Sign up to be the first to know what's cookin' in your hood

Follow us on Twitter

Be part of the community on Facebook