[LRUG] [JOBS] Engineering and Operations at FreeAgent

Olly Headey olly at freeagent.com
Mon Oct 28 10:14:20 PDT 2013

Hi everyone

Apologies for yet another job ad (YAJA?).

We’re looking for Software Engineers to join the FreeAgent team. We’re got brilliant developers to work alongside and a stack of properly interesting technical challenges such as developing our a real-time double-entry accounting system, scaling our team, breaking up a Rails monolith, keeping the app fast as we go over 3000 requests/min. That sort of thing. We’re also looking for an Operations Engineer (or DevOps, sysadmin… or whatever your preferred moniker is) if there are any lurking on here.

We have *lots* of customers and can offer a fab working environment, either from our Edinburgh office or remote elsewhere in the UK (about a 1/3 of our team are remote). Worth mentioning that these positions aren’t at any particular ‘salary grade’ or ‘level’. We’re interested in excellent engineers regardless of whether you have 1 or 15 years of experience.

Details on the site -> http://www.freeagent.com/company/jobs, but feel free to email me directly if you just want to chat about it.

Recruiters: thanks but no thanks.

Cheers
Olly