[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby Training & Mentoring

Dan Garland dan at dangarland.co.uk
Mon Sep 9 01:39:06 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm Dan, a Ruby contractor from London. I've been to a couple of
meetings but I thought I'd join the list and say hi.

I'm starting a project to help address the problem of finding good entry
level developers, particularly in Rails. I'm putting together a training
course that culminates with contract work at the end, so that trainees
can work in real Ruby/Rails teams and get vital work experience.
Crucially, I'm mentoring junior developers within each organisation, so
that as a pair we can work through any issues and make sure that the
junior developer keeps learning, and the quality level is kept high.

I'm currently looking for prospective trainees, who are considering
transferring from another language or who are starting out, to join a
group of trainees in September. I'm also looking for good Ruby teams who
are looking for junior talent but either can't find it or who need extra
safeguards to ensure that hiring entry level people would be a smooth
process. I'd also welcome any feedback from the community or any
questions about my proposition.

http://wegotcoders.com

I'm coming along to LRUG tonight so if you're interested come and find
me down the pub.

Best Regards
Dan