[LRUG] Ruby training recommendations

Najaf Ali ali at happybearsoftware.com
Wed Sep 18 16:08:12 PDT 2013

More love for makers academy. I've done a few talks there and both the
students and instructors appear extremely switched on. The entry
requirements are tough+ though, you already need to show some aptitude for
programming before they accept you.

It would be good by the way if you'd talk a little about what your current
skillset is and what you're hoping to achieve (e.g. full time job, MVP for
your startup etc). Unless you're dead set on taking a course like the
above, there might be other ways to achieve whatever it is you're trying to
do.

[+] Which is a nice surprise, as I've seen programmers get hired into *full
time jobs* with fizzbuzz and a pulse, optional pulse.

P.S. I put together a little free
book<http://happybearsoftware.com/kickstart-your-developer-career>for
people earlier on in their careers that you might find useful.

Ali, http://happybearsoftware.com