[LRUG] Introduction

Sasha Gerrand chat-lists.lrug.org at sgerrand.com
Thu Apr 10 03:27:48 PDT 2014

Hello LRUG!

Given my recent lurking on this list ceased this week, I thought I'd do the
gracious thing and introduce myself.

I'm a developer who's been working on the web for over 15 years, the last 7
or so mainly using Ruby. I moved over to these sunny shores a month ago
from Australia. Prior to moving I was working for Bigcommerce[0] on their
platform and associated API functionality - for frameworks we used some
Rails, lots of Sinatra and a little bit of Goliath, Redis and MySQL (sadly)
on the persistence side and a lot of other fun stuff above and below in the
stack.

My GitHub[1] and Twitter[2] details follow in the footer too, for those
inclined.

I'm looking forward to next Monday's meetup and getting to know more about
LRUG.

[0] https://www.bigcommerce.com
[1] https://github.com/sgerrand
[2] https://twitter.com/sgerrand