[LRUG] Serialising a struct

Tom Stuart tom at codon.com
Mon Apr 14 10:03:25 PDT 2014

On 14 Apr 2014, at 17:51, Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:
> VCR records the XML response just fine.  But I couldn't find an entry point in aws-sdk-core that would allow me to pass it the frozen response and return the struct.

You shouldn't need an entry point. VCR intercepts the HTTP connection (using e.g. WebMock or FakeWeb) during both recording and replay, so once you've recorded a real response it should be replayed the next time you run the test, instead of allowing aws-sdk-core to make a real HTTP request (as it does during recording).

If it's not doing that then it's not working right. For example, if subsequent requests don't look exactly the same as the one you recorded, you might need to write a custom request matcher to allow VCR to spot that it's okay for captured request to be replayed.

Cheers,
-Tom