[LRUG] Dependency Injection and DHH

Anthony Green anthony.charles.green at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 00:15:15 PDT 2014

On 25 Apr 2014, at 14:25, Sleepyfox wrote:

> I'm wondering what those who were at RailsConf and listened to DHH's keynote - or have watched the video: http://www.justin.tv/confreaks/b/522089408 - thought about his description of dependency injection making code worse?
>
> Fox
> --
> "What does the @sleepyfox say?"

These kind of missives have a tendency to devolve to flame bait. TDD goes through the same cyclical exchanges.
And this continues despite the 'TDD - Thats not what we meant'  interventions.
As I get older I have an increasing desire to move on and focus on exchanges that help me improve on the disciplines I've chosen to believe will help me produce better software.

IMO someone like Sandi Metz has done a far better job of explaining the nuances and reasoning behind choices.
I understand she's making a rare London appearance soon presenting an opportunity for a dialogue.

Tony