[LRUG] Event Bus in ruby

Gerhard Lazu gerhard at lazu.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 01:07:16 PDT 2014

Having tackled a similar problem with a Rails app that gives a new meaning
to monolith, I would look into either nats
<https://github.com/derekcollison/nats> with its go counterpart, gnatsd
<https://github.com/apcera/gnatsd> if you don't need persistence, or fluentd
<http://www.fluentd.org/> if you do.

RabbitMQ is cool, I'm a long-time fan, but prepare yourself for a lot of
Thread funk <https://github.com/ruby-amqp/bunny/pull/190> if you're
thinking of doing anything more advanced with Bunny. If you decide that
this is the right path, sneakers <https://github.com/jondot/sneakers> proved
nice to work with. DLX <https://www.rabbitmq.com/dlx.html> was missing at
the time, but there were some good pull requests floating around, I
wouldn't be surprised if they've been merged since.

It's a fun problem, worth enjoying it ; )

Gerhard

Twitter <http://twitter.com/#!/gerhardlazu> Github
<https://github.com/gerhard> Blog <http://gerhard.lazu.co.uk/>