[LRUG] [FINANCE] Startup/finance question around invoices

Sam Phippen samphippen at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 8 03:03:02 PDT 2014

Hi Sleepyfox,

At my company (Fun and Plausible Solutions), we have a clause in our contract which says work stops if a client is 4 weeks late (interest starts after 2). That way the resolution is easy, obvious and automatic. We always let them know this will happen when we’re signing and so the expectation is there. I think you’re probably within your rights to withdraw the person from their team if they continue to be late, but obviously having it in your contract is always better than not. I hope that helps :)

Thanks
—
Sam Phippen