[LRUG] [JOBS] Experienced Ruby on Rails developer

Pawel Kaminski kaminski.pawel.1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 03:40:45 PDT 2014

Hi,
We are looking for a lead developer for our Rails/Backbone.js platform

*Job description:*

*Citysocializer is a social discovery network to meet new people locally to
go out and explore your city with. The company has been pioneering the
online to offline social networking space with a vision to make the world a
more humanly connected place and to help people have more fun together.*

*The Role*

You love the exciting fast-paced environment of a startup and keen to help
us grow our community and take ownership of pushing new scalable features
to our fast-growing platform.

*Our Process:*

Kanban, daily deploys to production, daily code reviews, retrospectives,
continuous deployment, lean experiments, data and experiment driven.

*Required skills*

   -

   Ruby on Rails
   -

   Backbone.js
   -

   BDD
   -

   Understanding of RESTful APIs
   -

   Git, heroku, CI, code reviews
   -

   Javascript, a lot of javascript
   -

   Bootstrap
   -

   PSQL
   -

   Redis

*Bonus skills*

   -

   Angular
   -

   Database query optimisations
   -

   PhoneGap

*Your Personal Skills*

   -

   Understand the balance between writing maintainable code and shipping a
   product.
   -

   Strong personality able to and make decisions which will have a direct
   impact on our business.
   -

   Be able to roll with an evolving set of requirements.

   *CS Perks:*

   - Party like a diplomat: employees are showered with CS events.
   - Be part of a small, but rapidly growing team and have an impact on how
   we work.
   - Highly competitive package (including meaningful equity).
   - Fantastic long-term career prospects.
   - Be part of a fun, friendly hard-working team with regular social team
   events.
   - Salary from 40k to 55k
   - Nice office close to old street, brand new mac book pro...

*Our interview process:*

   - We meet for coffee
   - then we invite you for more coffee and more technical chat in our
   offices
   - then you pair with us, do some code review, fix bugs and break things
   - then we all go to one of our socials so you know what we are about
   - then you join us :)

Interested ? Email me at pawel at citysocializer.com or try to find me at next
LRUG meeting

Best,