[LRUG] Ruby tutors for kids coding club - Saturday mornings from Sept. to Dec.

Héctor Pérez hecpeare at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:55:08 PDT 2014

Hi!

The Wizzie Wizzie Computer Coding Club [1] is looking for 6 volunteers
to teach Ruby to children aged 8-14 years old.

Besides the ruby tutors there will be other volunteers teaching
Scratch and HTML/CSS.

The emphasis is on learning by making stuff, creating rather than
consuming digital technology.

The club is a project of Diverse Digital, a charity registered in
England & Wales (Registration number: 1154372) and it is free for all
children.

The first club in Islington ran successfully at the North Library from
November 2013 to July 2014.

As of September 2014 there willl be two extra clubs: one in Shoreditch
and the other near Kings Cross.

The clubs meets every Saturday morning:

At the North Library, Manor Gardens, Holloway, N7 6JX.
Begins on Saturday 13 September 2014. Ends 13 December 2014.
Time: 11.30am to 1.00pm

At the West Library, Bridgeman Road, London N1 1BD.
Begins on Saturday 27 September 2014. Ends 13 December 2014.
Time:  11.00am to 12.30pm.

At Rochelle School community centre, Arnold Circus, Shoreditch, London E2 7ES
Begins on Saturday 20 September 2014. Ends 13 December 2014.
Time: 2.00 to 3.30pm

All tutors are CRB checked and certified and a laptop is provided for
each child.

Who is in?

Kind regards,

Hector

PS. I am not directly involved with the club, but I had a chat with
Milverton (co-founder) and I think that it's a great idea and if I can
free my saturdays I'll be one ruby tutor myself!

[1]
@thewizziewizzie
http://wizziewizzie.org
Some background information: