[LRUG] [JOBS] Small Design Studio Looking for Ruby/Rails Developer

Ben Barker ben.barker at panstudio.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 03:05:08 PST 2014

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ben and I run a small design studio in London called Pan. We’re looking for a developer to join the team. We work on a range of projects, from talking Lamp Posts in Bristol to a solipsistic Robot for M&S. Work is always experience lead and tries to address serious themes in a playful, engaging way. We involve the whole studio from the start of a project, so you would form the core part of the team working on new platforms, installations and services.

The role would suit someone with experience writing production level code as part of a team, but flexible about working on projects at a range of sizes and with a range of audiences. Ideally an experienced web developer, primarily in Ruby/Rails on the server-side, and engaged through the design process of projects. Solid front-end skills - Javascript, HTML - and an appreciation of design needs are definitely a bonus, as are Unix server administration and maintenance. We’d hope to see examples of live projects you’ve been involved in and teams you’ve been part of.

Web development is the core requirement of the role, but our work isn’t always web based, and if you're interested in development for mobile devices, physical computing, or connected objects then projects often have elements of each of them.

There are two projects on the horizon that you'd be involved with. One based around audience response and remote viewer agency in a theatre production and one which is a platform for users with high need in Lambeth and Southwark to review and promote the services they engage in.

Initially a multi month contract, but with the hope of it becoming a permenant position. The role would be based out of our Hoxton studio, with a salary between £35-40k pro-rata.

If the above sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you wherever you are in your career. Please get in touch at work at panstudio.co.uk or pop in to the studio (we can show you the proximity sensing Nerf cannon we’re building)

Thanks a lot,

Ben.

Listing also replicated here, please feel free to share: http://files.panstudio.co.uk/developer-job-posting.html

Ben Barker