[LRUG] Funded startup seeks lead dev [JOBS]

Marco Iannone marco.iannone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 02:33:14 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm the founder at Retechnica, we're the makers of Ingenia, a
machine-learning text analytics API (www.ingeniapi.com), we're a team
of 6 (of which 5 technical, incl. me), we've just gone through a happy
round of funding, and now we're hiring for 5 technical roles (2
permanent + 3 contracts).

Specifically, we're looking for a hands-on lead developer: someone who
codes well, and can also understands where the company is going, can
translate high-level product specs into effective implementation, gets
the trade-off between moving too fast and too slow, can help with
leading and coaching the team and with hiring.
Stack is: Ruby, Rails, Redis, Memcache, AMQP, Apache, Linode, Postgres
(but looking at Hadoop / Hypertable). It's a service-oriented
architecture and we like TDD and pairing etc.
More here: http://retechnica.com/jobs.html

About us: much to my surprise, it looks we're on to something good.
Ingenia categorises content in a way that is bespoke to each user, all
automatically. Built on top of it, we have a
recommendation/personalisation/summarisation engine.
We're getting good traction, expecting to grow (at least) threefold in
valuation by the end of the year. We're working with well known big
companies that use us to understand what their content is about (e.g.,
"what do people like/dislike about our products") or create new user
experiences (e.g., "how do we get people to find what matters to them
faster"). It's a complex, genuinely innovative product, and we need
smarts and creativity and a healthy dose of GTD.
We pay competitive rates, flexible with hours, and stock options are available.

If you're interested or have any questions, let's have an initial
chat, and then let's work together for a bit - depending on your
availability, an afternoon if you're full-time employed, or a week if
you're available or a freelancer - in either case, it'd be paid at
market rates.

Thanks,
Marco

PS: other open roles are: machine-learning expert (permanent),
Postgres+Ruby/Rails person, also on the jobs page. We'll add to it two
other contracting roles: front end (Rails+JS+JQuery) and tech ops
(Linux, Apache, Salt/Puppet/Chef, Linode). If you're interested in any
of these other roles, please shout.
PPS: if you have a product idea that can use Ingenia, get in touch. We
like that very much.