[LRUG] Rails and DB Views

Olly Legg ollylegg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 03:32:29 PST 2014

I haven't used database views before, but I *think* you should switch to using a SQL schema, using `config.active_record.schema_format` (http://guides.rubyonrails.org/configuring.html#configuring-active-record) and you can then use ActiveRecord::Connection#execute to create & manage your views (http://guides.rubyonrails.org/migrations.html#when-helpers-aren-t-enough).

It should Just Work™.