[LRUG] [ANN] February Details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Tue Jan 28 13:09:46 PST 2014

Welcome to this email about the February LRUG,

It'll be on Monday 10th Feb at the Skills Matter offices on Goswell Road.
 The talks start at 6:30pm but you can get into the venue from about 6 to
make sure you get the best seat.

As usual February is our lightning talk evening.  We've got 9 volunteers on
a broad range of topics this time around, so there's something for everyone:

* Camille Baldock - Visually representing memory leaks in Ruby applications
* Alice Bartlett - Five facts about smell
* Nat Buckley - mega-engineering
* Tom Cartwright - AngularJS for rubyists
* Daniel Cooper & Jeremey Tapp - a conversation between a developer and a
manager
* Swathi Kantharaja - Create your own blog using jekyll
* Gerhard Lazu - Docker & Ansible: The Path to Continuous Delivery
* Pablo Brasero Moreno - FirefoxOS on Rails
* Despo Pentara - Open Source, how to get started

The registration link on SkillsMater isn't up yet; they're doing a
migration of content onto their new site and promise me that it'll be up
soon.  In the meantime you can find read a bit more on the lrug site:
http://lrug.org/meetings/2014/01/27/february-2014-meeting/ and use lanyrd
to remind yourself all about it: http://lanyrd.com/2014/lrug-february/

Cheers,

Murray