[LRUG] Double submit

Graham Ashton graham at effectif.com
Fri Jan 17 04:50:54 PST 2014

On 17 Jan 2014, at 11:50, Andrew Stewart <boss at airbladesoftware.com> wrote:

> From time to time the server receives a double-submission.  The first looks like this:
>
>    GET /search/foos?utf8=%E2%9C%93&code=blah&commit=Find
>
> And the second, within 1s, looks like this:
>
>    GET /search/foos?utf8=%E2%9C%93&code=blah

Murray might be spot on, but the thought that went through my head was “perhaps the form’s been submitted twice, but only once via the button”.

In other words, I’m wondering if something’s triggered the form’s submit event, and something else triggered the submit button’s click event.

I wonder what happens when you press enter while a form field (other than the button) is focussed? I’d try that, then try it again with the submit button focussed.

Haven’t tried it. I’m probably talking cobblers.