[LRUG] [JOBS] Reevoo looking for a Ruby dev

John Plummer john.plummer at reevoo.com
Fri Jul 11 02:27:37 PDT 2014

Hi LRUG,

We are in the hunt for a strong Ruby developer to join our growing team in
London. Above all, we are looking for someone who is passionate about
technology, a good problem solver and team player and loves writing code to
help us solve complex problems.

We are a high growth tech startup(?) in the Ratings & Reviews space with a
gorgeous new office in Southwark.
We provide market-leading services to 200+ partners and major brands across
60+ countries in 30+ languages.
We believe in delighting our customers with a best in class user experience
with our products.
We are passionate and protective of our brand values of trust and
impartiality.
We are focused on transparency and helping shoppers make the best choice
whilst boosting sales for our clients.

What skills are we looking for?

3+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer
Deep knowledge of Ruby and one or more programming languages
Good knowledge of JavaScript and associated frameworks like AngularJS
A passion for technology, a love of writing code and a desire to make stuff
work great
Strong appreciation of what it takes to build software that people love to
use
Comfortable working in an agile team using pairing and test driven
development
Comfortable working with SQL databases, particularly MySQL
Degree level education or equivalent experience
Bonus points given for experience working with:
    Search technologies (particularly elastic search)
    RabbitMQ or other broker frameworks

Full Job spec is here
<https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=reevoo&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=921>
.

Feel free to email a CV / Github link if you would prefer to rather than
'applying online'.

No recruiters please.

Regards,

John Plummer