[LRUG] Writing readable feature tests with RSpec

Vincent Bonmalais vb.kouno at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 08:30:50 PDT 2014

I'm surprised nobody mentioned (yet) the possibility of refactoring these
into page object models. Our team has been discussing this for a while now,
and I think that considering the size of our codebase it has gone a bit out
of hand.

I personally still don't like this style even after working with it for a
year now. Mostly because we still have the habit of defining these on the
describe block scope (1) instead of making proper modules (that and using
the private keyword for some reason :sigh:...). I think at this point the
team would be happy to have a mix of this (for readability) and using page
object models behind the scene to have a meaningful way of organising our
feature test code.

If anyone has experience with page object models I would be interested to
hear how it did go.

(1) Also, if defined on the define block, my ctag doesn't seem to pick it
up :cry:.