[LRUG] Open Source and the Enterprise

Peter Vrabel kybu at kybu.org
Wed Jul 30 02:12:48 PDT 2014

In my limited experience, companies I worked for had a list of open
source software which was allowed to be used. Or to be precise, a list
of software you can link or include / require (in case of scripting
languages) to. One reason for having such list rather than just having a
list of approved open source licenses was to make sure just one library
is used for certain functionality. For example using just one open
source XML library rather than different teams using different XML
libraries.