[LRUG] FlashHacks

Peter Inglesby peter.inglesby at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 03:28:01 PDT 2014

Hi LRUG,

I hope it's appropriate to give a little plug here to something I've been
working on recently.

At OpenCorporates [0], we've been working on a platform -- written in Ruby!
-- for running bots to scrape and structure public data data. We're
launching it by setting a target to get 10 million data points about
companies into OpenCorporates in the next 10 days.

If you feel like trying it out, or giving non-codey feedback, the campaign
homepage [1] links to lists of scrapers that we've suggested, and the tool
itself with documentation lives here [2].

If there is a dataset you think we should we should be scraping, or you
have any other ideas or feedback for #FlashHacks, please let me know,
preferably via our mailing list [3] but just email me otherwise.

Do get in touch!

Peter

[0] http://opencorporates.com
[1] http://missions.opencorporates.com