[LRUG] Writing readable feature tests with RSpec

Scott Matthewman scott at evvnt.com
Thu Jul 31 03:15:06 PDT 2014

On 31 July 2014 11:11, Tom Stuart <tom at codon.com> wrote:

> At the risk of going off on a tangent: why do you care about that?

I certainly get where you're coming from, and yes, it's partly a bit of my
coding OCD coming through. But we have a couple of places where such
derived Boolean flags are included in a couple of API outputs, and I'm much
happier if I know that the JSON serialiser is getting a precise Boolean,
rather than risk passing something which Ruby thinks of as truthy, but
which may evaluate slightly differently within the serialiser.

--

Scott Matthewman
Lead Developer

T:  + 44 20 7323 0053
M: + 44 781 844 5270
E: scott at evvnt.com
W: evvnt.com
L: uk.linkedin.com/in/scottmatthewman/

*Superior Event Marketing -* You submit once, we submit everywhere that
matters
evvnt <http://evvnt.com/>* | *linkedin
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/evvnt>* | **facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/evvnt>* *| *twitter <https://twitter.com/evvnt>

What do we do: http://youtu.be/pqoZ8ge1PH4
Testimonials: http://evvnt.com/testimonials/
Media Pack:
http://evvnt.com/conference-exhibition-media-pack-event-marketing
Case Study: http://evvnt.com/2013/03/case-study-ubm-canon/

*evvnt Ltd* :: London Office: 83 Great Titchfield Street, London, W1W 6RH
Registered in England, No: 8062041 - VAT 135069029
Registered Office: Unit 11 Hove Business Centre, Fonthill Road, Hove, East
Sussex, BN3 6HA, UK

This message, its contents and any attachments are private, confidential
and may contain information that is subject to copyright and/or legal
privilege. You may not disclose, use or disseminate all or part of this
message without our prior written consent. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system.