[LRUG] Short-term freelancer available

Tom Blomfield tomblomfield at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 11:16:26 PDT 2014

Hi LRUG,

I have some time available during July & August, and I'd love to get
involved with a Ruby or Rails project for a few weeks.

I've been involved with early-stage startups for the last 4 years or so. I
co-founded and built GoCardless in London, growing our engineering team
from nothing to 12 developers. Most recently, I've been acting CTO at
joingrouper.com.

I've got extensive experience wrangling slow test-suites, upgrading Rails
versions, dealing with technical debt and generally making stuff work
better. If you've got an experienced development team that's perhaps new to
Rails, I'm happy to coach in areas like rspec testing & Rails
best-practices.

Cheers,

Tom