[LRUG] [JOBS] Looking for a Ruby developer

Alan Buxton alanbuxton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 02:57:48 PDT 2014

It’s worth also looking at what other professions do. Few lawyers would insist on you having a degree in law. Similarly for accountants etc. In fact many people in those professions would prefer that if you’re going to do a degree you do something in a different field.

In an interview for my first ever job as a programmer the director who headed the division told me that in his view classically-trained musicians make the best software engineers. I can’t remember the details now but it sounded very plausible at the time. So interesting to see your comments, Rory.