[LRUG] [JOBS] Developer role at VC/Accelerator - Forward Partners

Matt Buckland matt at forwardpartners.com
Tue Jun 10 09:25:39 PDT 2014

Forward Partners is a “startup catalyst”, combining funding with practical
hands-on expertise and insight.

We invest in eCommerce startups and offer them help to succeed.  We do more
than advise and mentor, we roll our sleeves up and get involved. Our
support spans customer development, coding, design, customer acquisition,
recruitment and fundraising. We also offer co-working space to our
companies in our East Road, N1 offices.

Companies we’ve helped include: Hailo, Zopa, Wool and the Gang, Thread, Big
Health, Stylect, Makers Academy, Blik Book, DriftRock, Top10, SnapTrip,
Loyalty Bay and Appear Here

We’d like a developer who was comfortable making architectural choices and
enjoys getting their hands dirty with setting up hosted infrastructure,
coding, testing and deployment.

 Most of our work is experimental, working with prototypes and iterating
based on customer feedback.  As such, you need to enjoy working on short
cycles with plenty of ambiguity and lots of change.

 You will be deeply involved in all aspects of the startups that you are
developing for, understanding their business problems and solving for them
with a lean mindset.

About you

   - You should be expert in one language and an aptitude for learning
   others (e.g. Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PHP, Objective C, Clojure, Scala)
   - You have a deep passion for software engineering and craftsman-like
   coding prowess
   - You have a solid repertoire of front-end skills but we don’t expect
   you to be a designer (we have one already!) - (e.g. CSS, JQuery,
   JavaScript, Ajax)
   - You will have worked in startups and understand the challenges facing
   very early stage online businesses.
   - You will have practical experience of using lean startup methodologies
   and advocate building as little product as possible
   - You are passionate about open-source and have a keen interest in
   current and future trends
   - You are confident, driven but of humble nature
   - You have strong intellectual ability and great clarity of thought
   - You are persuasive, verbally and in writing
   - You enjoy working in small multi-functional teams at pace

You can apply here - https://forward-partners.workable.com/j/9F746F2A75 or
contact matt at forwardpartners.com if you’d like to know more.